Unity Tutorial 01

 

in-game view


  To start of this semester's Unity Tutorial tasks, I chose to go down the 2D path for this week and do the 'Ruby's Adventure'. This was my first time working with 2D characters and environment in Unity as last semester I chose to make a 3D game.

Some aspects of this 2D tutorial were easier than the 3D tutorials from last semester but some aspects were a lot harder too.

For starters the character controls stayed the same more or less so it was nice to see some familiar code to work with. What did mess with me was the depth as I thought my character will not move around properly.

The hard aspects that I found were the tiles, first off the Unity tutorial itself is a bit out of date so following that was very confusing to me (I only noticed the YouTube link afterwards),  it was so confusing in fact that I ended up just using the tiles given in the resource files and trying to cover up the play area to the best of my abilities. This consisted of a lot of Ctrl+D and moving the tiles around to create some sort of pattern.

Comments

Popular Posts