Alpha

 



in-game view


For this week's project task I took my game to its alpha stage where it is more playable.
So what have I done? Well, this week I added in the gun SFX and coded it to where it plays every time the player clicks shoot. This step was easier than I thought and did not take long and I had no issues doing this.
I have also started creating the UI for the game. Currently the only piece of UI is an ammo count that updates whenever the player collects more ammo but I am yet to implement powerups so for now the ammo count will stay at 0.
Gotta say I am surprised as to how well this turned out, I was expecting a lot of errors as last week but everything went smoothly.
In the future I plan on adding more of the UI and the powerups and also more coding to the enemies.

Comments

  1. Hi Tudor.

    Wow that game looks amazing. You definitely have come so far in the games. I am honestly so jealous how everything went so smoothly on yours. What's your trick??? I really want to know! I feel you will end up doing brilliantly in this module. I love the idea of your game. It's like a Halo reach/ Call of Duty/ Black Ops kind of game. Have you looked up any tutorials to help you code the game? Or did you use the material we have learned over this course? I think the powerups are a good idea, because it will help the player engage with the game. Cannot wait to see more of the development.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Tudor,
    Your game looks like it is really coming a long well. Love how you're looking at the smaller details for your game now like the sound effects and the bullet count. These sort of things can really make or break a game and so far you look like you're flying! Best of luck with the rest of your game and excited to see it finished.
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tudor! This game looks incredible! I love how it is in an FPS format and I just want to know how you made it like that ? If I were you I would really happy as well with how things turned out because this is just unreal! You have to let me know how it is like when it is done! Keep in the loop of how things will be going. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts