Unity Tutorial 1

 



sourced from (https://www.facebook.com/GameDevGuideYT/photos/we-were-so-naive-gamedev-unity-meme-memes-gamedevelopment-videogames-development/554608668456278/)


After completing the Unity tutorial, I learnt so much more about game development than I did before starting. I absolutely loved going through the assets, playing around with them in the play space by flipping them around and in general just messing around. The code writing part, while a bit difficult to get your head around the values and their meanings, was also incredibly fun and insightful. What I found most difficult about this tutorial was the camera and setting it up perfectly behind the vehicle but once I got it to sit behind the player perfectly it was very satisfying to see it follow the vehicle smoothly.

I am absolutely looking forward to getting started on the game as soon as possible and playing around with the assets just as I did during this tutorial and to also learn even more about game development as I create my own little game.

I felt like a little kid again playing a game for the first time but this time I was the one making it which made it even more special so I am absolutely going to enjoy the process going forward in the semester but first comes idea generation.


Comments

Popular Posts